Willa and Chari have responded to the 11,11 meme I sent a while back. Reading their answers was thoroughly fascinating! Thank you dear friends, for participating and sharing:)
It appears they have tagged me back, oh help.. I not only have to answer but think up some more questions...
The Meme Rules
1. Post these rules
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random facts about you
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger's post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog and let them know they have been tagged.
Normally I'm behind the lens, was surprised to find a shot of me:)
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I insist on all books being covered in quality book plastic. I am aware this is considered odd by some;)
2. I am a plant killer:( Sadly plants die under my care, something to do with their need for water and my inability to remember to do so
3. I'm a peacemaker, I hate confrontation and will only do so on behalf of another or if backed into an extremely tight corner
4. I have a secret chocolate addiction, well maybe not so secret
5. I've never seen the snow
6. My brothers all have two middle names, my sisters and my names' first initials match. ie. I'm Erin E....
7. I'm the oldest of 8
8. I've never traveled outside of Australia
9. PC and I flew together for the first time this year. Does this make us royalty? They never fly together for obvious reasons
10. I'm addicted to print, oh I guess you'd already realised that
11. I can never manage to grow my fingernails, they always snap off
Willa & Chari's eleven questions for me to answer
1. How would you describe the biome in which you live?
Mild, sub-tropical climate.
2. If you could move to a different country, what would be your choice and why?
First choice Ireland, though lately I've been longing to visit the Scottish Highlands too. Ireland due to my Irish heritage, I was raised on many things Irish. Scotland thanks to historical novels, I'd just love to see where so much history was played out.
3. What would you consider you most favoured book in your childhood?
Rilla of Ingleside, Jo's Boys, Little Mother Meg(Ethel Turner).... oh you meant just one? Can't do;)
4. What book would you say has had the most influence in your life?
The Bible, easily the Bible
5. If you could meet one fictional character, who would it be and why?
At the moment, feisty Molly Murphy.
6. Can you name one area of your life that has been influenced by Charlotte Mason; how?
Definitely a passion for quality books and a disdain for twaddle and the use of living books were strengthened by Charlotte Mason's teachings. The introduction of Nature Study to our lives is pure Charlotte Mason, our dabble with Art Appreciation. Really so much of our life has been influenced over the last decade+ it's hard to name only one area.
7. Do you grow any of your own food, and if yes, what do you grow?
Alas and alack, I've tried I really have but plants need watering and um I keep forgetting. blush.
Every year I try to master a new skill, one year it was baking bread, another knitting (mildly successful) last year and this it has been photography. Anyhow one year I announced to the family I was going to master gardening, the laughter was loud and the jokes began, I have to admit the jokes were funny.
8. Cradle- Catholic or Convert?
Cradle-Catholic and very grateful to my parents:)
9. What saint would you most like to meet?
St Therese of the Little Way, my Confirmation saint. I love the Little Way, it's just seems doable.
10. What would you list as your top three favourite spiritual reads?
Anything Louis de Wohl has me avidly reading. My three favourites of his are Lay Siege to Heaven, Citadel of God and Set All Afire
11. What is your favourite 'go-to' prayer?
The Hail Mary. I love many others but I found in a time of severe need, when I tried to pray and my mind shut down, I was only able to remember the Hail Mary.
My Eleven New Questions for My Tagged Friends
1. What would you prefer; to parachute out of a plane or to bungee jump?
2. What would be your ideal holiday destination?
3. What talent would you choose if you could; to be an accomplished writer or to be an accomplished vocalist?
4. What is your favourite movie genre?
5. What is your favourite genre of books?
6. Do your prefer books in hardcover or softcover?
7. Do you have any siblings and if so where are you in the birth order?
8. Have you ever traveled overseas and if so where?
9. What is a quirk you possess? Come on we all have one
10. If you won Lottery, say a million+ what would you do with your winnings?
11. What's your idea of a romantic date?
I Would Love to Hear from the Following
Olivia at The Magic and the Mudane
Sharyn at The Wildest of Adventures
Bron at Maxabella Loves
Mel at Coal Valley View
Alison at Alison June
Renee at Mummy, Wife, Me
Angie at Family Answers Fast
Theresa at Ordinary Lovely
Mary at Better Than Eden
Laura at String of Pearls
Julie at Nurturing Learning
- Book Reviews A-H
- Book Reviews L-Z